Suzan Abramson is a business attorney in the Firm's Orlando office. With more than 30 years of experience in corporate finance, securities law and commercial transactions, she focuses her practice on mergers and acquisitions, public and private securities offerings, venture capital and private equity transactions, business structuring, entity formation and the regulation and reporting of publicly held companies.
As part of the fabric of the entrepreneurial community for over three decades, Suzan serves as a strategic advisor and outside general counsel for businesses across a wide spectrum of industries. She has represented businesses from their inception to their initial public offering and beyond. Her practice includes structuring and negotiating financing transactions, preparing securities offering documents, compliance with federal and state securities laws, and the drafting and negotiation of all manner of commercial contracts.
Suzan's transactional experience, combined with her skills as a problem-solver and counselor for both publicly and privately held businesses, makes her ideally suited to help growth-oriented clients.
- Represented publicly held defense electronics manufacturer through sale to public company, repurchase of significant division and subsequent over $60 million sale to private equity fund.
- Represented health care company in approximately $20 million sale to private equity fund.
- Represented company executives in numerous sale transactions.
- Represented NASDAQ listed company in over $30 million in PIPE transactions, strategic acquisitions and $17 million follow-on public offering.
- Represented numerous start-up and emerging companies through formation, strategic development and angel and venture capital financings.
- Represented issuers in private placement transactions, including commercial real estate, medical devices, software, wireless telecommunications, pharmaceuticals, gaming and food service.
- Represented large public university in structuring equity based technology transfer program.
- Represented angel investors in emerging companies.
- Represented executives of public companies in negotiating employment agreements, equity compensation packages and severance and transition agreements.
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® for Corporate Law since 2010; Securities/Capital Markets Law (2016)
- Named Best Lawyers' 2011 Orlando Corporate Law "Lawyer of the Year"
- Listed in Orlando Magazine, Orlando's Best Lawyers (2010 – 2014)
- Included in Florida Trend Magazine, Florida Legal Elite (2011 – 2012)
- Member – The Florida Bar, Business Law Section
- Member and Prior Section Chairman – Orange County Bar Association, Corporate and Business Law Section
- Member of the Board of Directors – Association for Corporate Growth, Greater Orlando Chapter
- Prior President and Member – Women's Business Educational Council, Inc. Board of Directors
- Prior General Counsel – Florida Council for High Technology
- Prior Treasurer – Central Florida Association for Women Lawyers
- Prior Consultant – Junior Achievement's Project Business
- Prior Chair – Professional Women's Exchange Committee
- University of North Carolina School of Law, J.D., 1984
- State University of New York at Buffalo, B.S., Accounting, 1981, cum laude